Be content with what you have, for God has said "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So say with confidence, "the Lord is my helper I will not be afraid." Hebrews 13:5-6

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fundraiser success

So first of all I want to apologize for this post being so late. It seems like sometimes when it rains it pours and our life are currently moving at full speed with many different stressors happening and with lots of loose ends hanging out there! So all I can say is this is the first time I have really been able to sit at the computer and put a little time into writing my thoughts on this blog. Not that my very full brain is capable of putting out very in depths thoughts at this point...I am going to try. Joe and I both have noted lately that it feels like God is just pouring out blessings onto us and from multiple directions and from many different people. This is just the most amazing feeling that it is hard to put into words. I feel like I have said so many thank you's lately that I am starting to sound like a broken record but I somehow wish that I could just open up my heart so everyone can see the love that is felt and the gratitude that is behind all of these thank yous! Really it has just reinforced that the path that we are on to get our little Ruby is the path that God has put us on. We know it is going to be a challenge to have 2 rowdy boys and a little baby to take care of but all I keep thinking is that if a single mom can have octuplets and six other kids I think I can handle 3! So......our fundraiser party was one of the most amazing nights. It really was incredible to see the number of people that turned out to support us, in the end we were able to raise almost 1/3 of the total amount of the adoption costs...now that is success!!!!! I just want to play my top hit record one more time and say a gigantic THANK YOU to everyone who has supported us in one way or another in this journey. We are truely grateful to all of you! We are set to leave June 24th, to finally go and get this beautiful little girl, I am just about to burst with anticipation and excitment!









































































No comments:

Post a Comment