Be content with what you have, for God has said "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So say with confidence, "the Lord is my helper I will not be afraid." Hebrews 13:5-6

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Official acceptance

Today we officially accpeted our refferal! Yeah, we got the paperwork yesterday in the mail, we had a tone of work to do and things to write and sign and get notarized but I was able to hand deliver them today! Thats right there is no messing around here, we want this girl home! A little later in our social worker called us and told us everything looked good and she was contacting the agency in Ethiopia and that we should know our court date in about 2 weeks or so. We are hoping for a court date in late May or early June and then it will be 4-6 more weeks after that until she comes home, ehhh seems so far away, I feel like a little kid, maybe even little whiny...."I want her now." Our social worker is actually heading to Ethiopia next week I believe and so I was able to send a care package to Ruby in which of course I gave her some of my clippies (not like she has a whole lot of hair right now but maybe soon) I also sent a few clothing items and a little blanket that I made for her. As I got off of the phone with my social worker I told her to "make sure to hold my baby." I am a little jelous that she gets to hold my baby in a few days, but I know our day will come when we are together.

1 comment: